MIX-N-MATCH QUICK BREAD (from Mix-n-Match Recipes)
(Makes two loaves)
You can also make muffins with this recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups Mix-n-Match (see below)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts or seeds (your choice)
Mix-n-Match (one or more of the following to equal 2 cups)
- Apples, grated or chopped
- Apricots, chopped
- Bananas, mashed or chopped
- Carrots, cooked and mashed or grated
- Cherries, pitted and chopped
- Coconut, grated
- Cranberries, dry or raw, chopped
- Dates or figs, pitted and finely chopped
- Lemon, 1/2 cup juice
- Marmalade (omit 1 cup sugar)
- Oranges, chopped
- Orange juice, 1/2 cup juice
- Peaches, fresh or canned, chopped
- Pears, fresh or canned, chopped
- Pineapple, crushed and well-drained
- Prunes, chopped
- Pumpkin, canned
- Rhubarb, finely chopped (add 1/2 cup more sugar)
- Strawberries, well-drained
- Sweet Potatoes or Yams, cooked and mashed, or grated
- Zucchini, grated and well-drained
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs; add oil and sugar; cream together.
- Stir in vanilla and your choice of Mix-n-Match.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon into 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Tasty MIX-N-MATCH combinations:
- Pumpkin-Raisin-Sunflower seeds